Tuesday, August 22, 2006

First Day of Class

Well today was my first day of class. It went well; most of it was just the usual first day of class overview. I was slacking a little bit today and wasn’t one of the first people to class so I couldn’t catch myself the usual back row seat. Though I did well for myself, the first class I was a minute of two early for and I found a seat with a clear view of the overhead. I was five minutes late to my Java class so I found myself sitting in the front row, which I never did in high school unless a teacher placed me there. These days it doesn’t matter as most teachers at my school spend more time in the back of the room where their computer is placed.

As I walked in late I saw a familiar face, one of a fellow classmate that I talked to quite a bit last semester. He called me out by name and put me on the spot as he welcomed me to his class. Yes you read that right; my classmate from c++ last semester is now my teacher for Java. I felt good with him as a teacher because he used his Apple Powerbook all last year instead of the windows boxes that clutter the campus. Before I started classes here I was almost fully in the world of Linux, but this program is so Microsoft oriented that I have found myself using windows almost 100% of the time. I don’t think I have used Linux in months.

This semester should be good as it will be more platform independent as there are versions of the software I’ll be using for each operating system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home