Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Death, school, and baseball


Casey
Originally uploaded by countzachula.

Death still seams to be the reoccurring theme as I come home from a night of playing bluegrass with my friends Insomniac Gypsy. In my inbox lands an email telling me that my morning class has been canceled due to a death in my professor’s family. I put on the movie that has been cycling in my DVD player and been my bedtime story for the past few nights - Elizabethtown. It is fitting because part of it takes place in Kentucky, where Casey was born and came into my life, Orlando Bloom even drives down the interstate through a tunnel a few miles from my old house. Elizabethtown I thought was a very good movie about a man who is grieving the loss of his father but still has an uplifting love story to take your mind off of death.

Then morning came around and I was back to school after almost two weeks of spring break. It took me awhile to get into the groove as I hadn’t done any coding for that break. I couldn’t even concentrate during my first class so after it was done I got out and ate some lunch, browsed barns and noble, and then went back to the computer lab to code my c++ assignment. Once I sat down and started looking through source code I found the groove and an hour and a half later I had my assignment done.

C++ was a little rough as again I was worn out from bluegrassing the night before but I followed along all the while watching Michigan beat Notre Dame then the first few innings of the final between Japan and Cuba with my mlb.tv subscription. They always seem to have on the channel of the baseball game for a half hour to an hour before the game starts, this time it was ESPN. I couldn’t miss the final of the first ever world baseball classic.

I found how much radio sucks around here when I couldn’t find the game on the way home, but then finished watching it at home then finished watching Elizabethtown.

A pretty eventful day in a no so eventful way, just another day in the life of a collage student.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home