Sunday, August 13, 2006

Trading Vices
(Life without Cable TV)

So life without cable has led me to seeking out other viewing materials. I like so many people these days am hooked on TV, now I have limited myself to watching podcasts and whatever shows I can download of the internet. Now more of my paycheck is going to itunes but still not as much as I was paying for cable, even if you tie in the netflix subscription.

The main podcasts I have been watching are channel frederator which is full of original cartoons submitted by a variety of artists, all of the national geographic podcast to get my wildlife and nature fix, and the comedy central stand up clips. I have also been building my French with the French podcast and watching the yoga podcast to pick up some moves. On the occasion I watch the Vintage tooncast to see old merry melodies, popeye, superman, and other cartoons of the like.

So as long as I keep finding good podcasts and itunes keeps offering shows like the daily show, battlestar galactica, and lost I’ll never have to get cable again, which is nice because I’m sick of all the commercials.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home