Wednesday, August 23, 2006

the antithesis thereof

As a computer programming student I am taught to find the most efficient way of writing a program. We a told to write somewhat generic code that could be implemented in many programs as to save time and effort to focus on the other obstacles that could occur. We spend tiresome hours debugging code and figuring out why things are not working the way we mean them too.

So I can’t help but compare what I have learned to other aspects of life. Like who is my programmer, who is the one who programmed all the living things around me. The computer revolution is to create something which is not in our own image but more in the antithesis thereof. We are trying to create something to complete us, we feel imperfect so we try to create that which will do all the work we can’t do ourselves.

Is that what we are, the work that something else can’t do themselves? Are we truly trying to find the question to 42?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home