Saturday, March 18, 2006

b.b.b. v2.4 Seattle
The ride home and
The curse of the Da Vinci Code


Z and Uncle Z
Originally uploaded by countzachula.

The curse of the Da Vinci Code strikes again, yes you heard me. It turns out if you read the Da Vinci Code while flying the universe will slow down your travel so you have plenty of time to read it. Ok, its not scientific, thus far it has only happened to my sister and me, to my knowledge. (see 'fashionably late' from her blog)

What started as an hour delay from Seattle due to a FedEx plane sliding off the runway in Minneapolis, trickled down into six hours of redirection. I’m still not sure what happened to my flight from Minneapolis to Appleton, it either was canceled or I got there to late. From what I understand they canceled many flights, but whatever happened I looked upon the screen when I arrived and there was no flight.

So I found the nearest terminal and found out where I could rebook my flight. I stood in yet another line and was told at one o’clock that I would fly to Milwaukee at five arrive at six and fly to Appleton at seven for a half hour flight. My luggage would leave on an earlier flight so my bag would end up in Appleton a few hours before I would.

What else do you do when you got a few hours to kill and all you have had is a muffin and a cup of coffee, find a bar, have a very expensive meal and a beer to calm the nerves. After shelling out the dough I find my terminal and break back into the Code.


EMP
Originally uploaded by countzachula.

After an hour flight to Milwaukee I find that I have to get a new boarding pass and that I am not flying a northwest plane as I had been; now I am flying on a Midwest plane. So I have to go to the ticket counter, leaving the terminal, which I had to anyway due to the way the airport is built, and go back through security. Now I find that due to airport policy my stuff and my person have to be extensively searched since I change airlines. Being patted down I recall being arrested and find that being used to this kind of treatment a little disturbing.

After getting my shoes back on and watching security go through my backpack I get down to the terminal to find - you guessed it - my flight had been delayed. After finally getting in the air, as soon as we had gotten to the point when I could turn on my iPOD I had to turn it of because we were descending. By the time I got to Appleton I had read about a hundred and seventy pages of the code, and that was with a nap that lasted an hour or so (on the Seattle Minneapolis leg).

I tracked down my bag at the airport after about fifteen minutes of waiting for a northwest agent to show up at the desk. When I got into my car I dug out my gloves and found that I had brought with me two dog leashes belonging to my sister. I had taken their dogs for a walk the day before and forgot that I had stuffed them in my pocket.

On my way home I stopped to grab some grub at the grocery in New London and immediately missed being in Seattle were I could pick from a wide selection of free ranged and organic foods, it was a massive reality check.

Well now I am home and back into my daily grind, working towards relocating myself. With this excursion behind me I now have a little fuel for the fire to get me moving.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home