Wednesday, May 23, 2007

numbers

Numbers are a strange. For some reason I make a big deal when my odometer rolls over another 10,000, or is a string of 7's, or a straight of 123456. You would think it actually had to do with how many miles I have driven the thing across this nation (it has taken me to at least 30 states) but I'm not sure that is the case.

Then of course there is time. 11:11, 12:34, 1:23; Just about everyday at those times, I just happen to glance at the clock

Being the geek that I am, I'm always check my web statistics, for some reason I always have to see how many clicks I'm getting here or there. I check to see if someone is clicking my blog, my website, my podcast, and my program. I don't know why I check, I guess it's to see if anyone is listening to what I have to say or if they appreciate my work. But I guess it could be a way to see where I should be headed. I've been throwing up random bytes all over the web to try and see what gets a bite.

Lately I have noticed a few numbers popping out though. 42 always seems to pop out partly because we all live on the greatest computer ever built, created to find the question to 42 (geek reference). Then there is also 1107 which has popped up in a few random places like a thread I started in a forum and the end of a activation code for a program I installed, both of which are somewhat related. Another number is 500, which my program shuTi just passed in the number of downloads.

So I take it I am going in the right direction. I feel like I'm beginning to come across a pattern that is leading me somewhere or it could just be all hogwash; an over exemplified set of occurrences that I somehow felt worth the bytes of a blog post. I really should get back to telling sci-fi stories.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home