Friday, April 13, 2007

It wasn't the hard drive


New case
Originally uploaded by countzachula.

As you might have gathered from my previous post, I am the proud owner of a new laptop and in mourning for a old desktop that I built about four years ago.

One hypothesis has been debunked as to why the desktop died. Today I performed a brain transplant and placed my old hard drive into a brand new external case. Now I have all that old data and formated the partition that housed the operating system so that I would have more space.

All my music had already been transfered as I had it all backed up on my iPod. I am making sure of that before I delete it all from the old disk.

Now I'll just have to get a few more external enclosures and some 500GB hard drives to go with them to put all my old flac files on so I don't have to go hunting through a few hundred DVDs of music.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home