Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Myspace ups and downs

Recently I found the world of mySpace. I knew it was there even ran across some pages here and there when my friends (mostly in bands) would direct me to them. Now I’m full fledged into the scene gaining new friends every day. A lot of my old friends have appeared too, and that is what gladdens and saddens me.

This brings me to the real reason that I am writing this. Mostly I have found old friends and reconnected but I ran across an old friend that I haven’t seen in awhile so I request to be his friend. After not hearing from him I go back to his page to see when he was online last. It had only been about two weeks and then I start reading the comments,

"You have touched my life in ways you will never know"
"hope the mandolins are a singin' where ever you may be now."

And other things to that effect. I sent a message to a mutual friend and it turns out he died of a heroin over dose not long ago. So if it weren’t for mySpace I would still be in the dark on this one.

It makes me sad that yet again the needle has taken another friend. Three is too many. When I first ran across his page I was glad to see that he was doing well, his new move to Boulder seemed to agree with him so now I hope his new move to the afterlife agrees with him too. Here’s to you Joe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home