Sunday, January 29, 2006

Alcohol, the programers beta tester in self
and the release of français - an aid in learning french

Recently, after my reentry into the world of academia, I have become a computer programmer. It's not a full fledged position, more of a hobby at the moment but due to my interest I have stayed ahead of the class, working ahead to figure out things to make my français program better.

By the way, my first official release is here

What I have found so far is that alcohol plays a very important part in a programmers work. It is not to be used all the time but when beta testing needs to be done, and there is nobody else around to do it, have a few drinks and your slurred typing and fumbling mouse clicking can find all kind of problems in you code that you wouldn't think of with a rational mind.

As programmers, we spend to much time in front of computers to do things wrong, i.e. enter a word in a field that requires a number, enter extra spaces after single words or in between multiple. But once we drink a little we become bad typist and something that resembles a beta tester - no insult intended

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home