Sunday, March 27, 2005

From Our Mother's Eyes

I got fleas Sucking My Blood dry
charging each other a high price
so they can run over me
on shackles made of my flesh
continuing to stress
the very cap that holds their breath

And what thanks do I get
for sustaining their life
a hole on my head
made by some explosion
funded by the funds
that make all these smoking guns
so that their pockets can deepen
with oxygen providing life

but each explosion, each shackle,
each piece of hair plucked from my head
adds a piece to the puzzle
to put on the muzzle
silencing these fleas lives
making them realize
what they had

as I sit back and rebuild my flesh
as I have done so many times
when some animal takes advantage
of the life they've been given

after all I'm just the referee
here to call out the penalties
cause this is my court
and y'all are just visiting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home